Favorite Ballard Recipes
It goes without saying that we know cheese and have learned how to use cheese to its greatest advantage. Listed below are some of our favorite recipes.
Ballard's Idaho Golden Greek Bread-less Cocktail Sandwiches
By Chef Jane Deal
1 pkg. thick-cut bacon
1 avocado, peeled and sliced thin
5-6 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 head red leaf lettuce, washed and separated
1 round of Ballard's Idaho Golden Greek Cheese
- Fry bacon slices until they are crisp and set aside.
- Cut cheese into 1/4 inch slices.
- Warm up a clean, dry skillet over medium heat and add cheese slices in a single layer in pan. Fry on one side until cheese has browned, then turn cheese slices over and brown on the other side.
- Now taste a cooked slice of the cheese. (Get a hold of yourself at this point and try not to eat the rest of the cheese, so you can finish this recipe!)
- Place slices on a warm plate, and continue to brown the rest of the cheese. Plate can be kept in a warm oven to keep the cheese from cooling off.
- On a cooked cheese slice, layer pieces of bacon, avocado slices, tomatoes, and lettuce leaves. Drizzle some of the sauce over the top and secure another slice of cheese on top with a toothpick.
- Serve immediately.
Sandwich Sauce1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tbs. tarragon vinegar
1 green onion, sliced (both white and green sections)
1 clove garlic, sliced
5-6 fresh basil leaves
3 fresh parsley sprigs
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
- Place all Sandwich sauce ingredients in blender or food processor and process until ingredients are well combined.
- Keep sauce in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Ballard’s Darn Good Tacos
Cook your choice of roast in the crackpot with a can of onion soup or to your own liking. Pull it apart once the meat is cooked. Chop up lettuce, tomatoes, and olives or whatever else are your favorite taco toppings. Make your taco and then toss on some Ballard’s Darn Good Cheese to top it off.
Ballard’s Breakfast Omelet Pizza
Mix all the ingredients you want for your omelet- spinach, tomatoes, onions, eggs, and, of course, add some of your favorite Ballard Cheese. Serve with your other breakfast items like sausage, toast, and fruit.
Cheese Wedge Snack
Take small bite-size wedges or slices of some great Ballard Cheese. Smother the cheese in your favorite jelly.